Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Swim Lesson Rules

1. Since this is not my house, I will not let ANY children enter and use the restroom. I know this may be extremely inconvenient but I need to respect my parents. And please please PLEASE have younger children in swim diapers if needed.

2. Parents may not watch the classes and MUST be out of sight on the gate side of the house or out in the front. On Friday, parents are more than welcome to come and watch. Again, courtesy to my parents, I cannot have you in their backyard by the garden all week. Also, from experience, the children are less distracted and work/perform better when others are not around.

3. Hair must be out of girls’ faces (hair ties, braids, bobby pins, clips). When learning and swimming the different strokes, long or even short hair gets caught in their eyes or around their arms and sometimes effects their rotary breathing when it gets caught in their mouths.


4. Private lessons will be only 1 child for 30 minutes. Any child under the age of 2 can have a 15 minute lesson if desired. Also, they must enroll in minimum of 3 classes per week. Last year I had children come randomly for private lessons and I feel that with a steady pace, more effective progress will be made. Also, I am going to be handing out certificates at the end of each private lesson. This will allow parents to see the progress that each child has made during that week. I will need at least 3 days to accomplish the various tasks for that level.

Please do not ask for special permission to go around these rules. Thank you.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Aubrie,
    My sister Jamie Butler contacted you about swimming lessons for her kids during the last week of May; I am also interested in signing my kids up! I have four kids: 5, 5, 7, & 8. The 5-yr-olds would probably be in Level 2; not sure about the older two (either Level 3 or 4). Could you send me an email with registration info... thanks!! sarapratt@cox.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in your sister, Koby's, ward and am interested in signing up my 2 kids, ages 2 and 6, for swimming lessons. I think they would be in levels 1 and 2. I was hoping you'd have room during the last week of May and one of the weeks in July. You can email me at mellypugh@yahoo.com or if I don't hear from you, I'll give you a call. Thanks!
    Melinda Pugh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Aubrie,

    I'm Michelle and a friend of Corrie Stayner. My daughter and Shea are in the same preschool class and on the same swim team. I was hoping to sign my younger daughter, Paige, up for a private lesson once a week. She's probably a level 3 on your chart. I'd ideally like the same day/time every week (i.e. Tuesdays at 10)Can you let me know if you have any availabilities. michelle(at)revie(dot)com

    Thanks so much!

    www.thereviefamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete